So today word was released that a Mass Effect anime was in production. Bioware is teaming up with FUNimation to make the feature film. T.O Entertainment, the producers behind the popular Baka to Test to Shōkanjū and the recent show Freezing, has signed on as a co-producer. Casey Hudson, executive producer of Bioware, will serve as executive producer of the film. FUNimation President and CEO Gen Fukunaga and Director of Original Entertainment Chris Moujaes and T.O. Entertainment’s CEO Takeichi Honda and Yui Shibata will also serve as executive producers. If you remember, Bioware, FUNimation, and T.O Entertainment have already been working on a Dragon Age anime film that is scheduled for release later this year. So it was reasonable to assume that Bioware’s other big franchise would also be anime-ted. Anyways, expect this Mass Effect film to be released Summer 2012. (Source: IGN)
Also, one of the artists I follow on deviantART drew a funny picture relating to Mass Effect. I put up another Mass Effect-related pic by BrokenTeapot a few days ago. Anyways, make sure to check out the rest of Witchking00’s gallery!
Latest posts by Nick (see all)
- May the 4th Be With You: Top 10 Star Wars Moments - May 4, 2016
- Anime Boston 2016: Interview with Carrie Keranen - April 13, 2016
- Hey, We’re Five Years Old! - March 18, 2016
- Sports Stars Shaq, A-Rod, and Jimmy Rollins Invest in NRG eSports - March 17, 2016
- “Gurren Lagann” Teams Up With “Freezing” Mobile Game - March 17, 2016