Last Saturday I was fortunate enough to attend Distant Worlds at the Brooklyn Academy of Music. I was also fortunate enough to meet the conductor Arnie Roth and the Nobuo Uematsu. Although this was the second time I met Nobuo, it still was an awesome experience. The music of Final Fantasy has always held a special place in my heart; there’s video game music and then there’s Final Fantasy music. The work of Nobuo really stands out and hearing it live from a full orchestra was amazing. My favorite pieces had to be “Opera ‘Maria and Draco'” from Final Fantasy VI, “Opening – Bombing Mission” and “Aerith’s Theme” from Final Fantasy VII, “Don’t be Afraid” (the battle theme) and “The Man with the Machine Gun” (Laguna’s battle theme) from Final Fantasy VIII, “Vamo’ alla Flamenco”, “A Place to Call Home”, and “Melodies of Life” featuring Susan Calloway from Final Fantasy IX, “To Zanarkand” from Final Fantasy X, “Kiss Me Goodbye” also featuring Susan Calloway from Final Fantasy XII, and of course “Swing de Chocobo.” I bought both CD’s even though I have all the music already just for keepsakes (and the fact I needed something for Nobuo to sign). The Distant Worlds homepage can be found here. Maybe they’ll stop in your hometown one day! And now enjoy the gallery!
Latest posts by Nick (see all)
- May the 4th Be With You: Top 10 Star Wars Moments - May 4, 2016
- Anime Boston 2016: Interview with Carrie Keranen - April 13, 2016
- Hey, We’re Five Years Old! - March 18, 2016
- Sports Stars Shaq, A-Rod, and Jimmy Rollins Invest in NRG eSports - March 17, 2016
- “Gurren Lagann” Teams Up With “Freezing” Mobile Game - March 17, 2016