Marvel just announced their big event for Spring 2012: Avengers vs. X-Men! With an all-star team, including authors Brian Michael Bendis, Jason Aaron, Jonathan Hickman, Ed Brubaker and Matt Fraction, this series promises to an exciting, strong storyline. This event coincides with the return of Phoenix to the Marvel Universe: what will this entity’s arrival bring? How will its return polarize the Avengers and the X-Men? Clearly, Marvel is choosing an excellent time to make this announcement and a great time to release the series: with DC’s New 52 already 4 months in, the hype has died down a bit, so this release should garner a lot of discussion. Also, the series will premier right around the time the Avengers movie hits theaters, potentially giving Marvel a new base of readers. The series will contain 12 issues and be released bi-weekly. I look forward to A vs. X and will be sure to pick it up!
What are your thoughts on the announcement? Who would be your ideal match-ups to fight? What side do you think will win? Please feel free to post thoughts on these or anything else in the comments section!
If you want to know more, feel free to check out Marvel’s initial announcement here.
Brett Simon is a twenty-two year old comic enthusiast. He gets the feeling Magneto will crush Iron-Man single-handedly, and he’s currently rooting for team X-Men!
Latest posts by Silverwolf (see all)
- Silverwolf’s Den: Shaft: A Complicated Man - December 1, 2016
- Silverwolf’s Den: Uncanny X-Men Superior Vol. 1: Survival of the Fittest - November 25, 2016
- Silverwolf’s Den: Deadman Dark Mansion of Forbidden Love #1 - October 31, 2016
- Young Animal Reading List – October - October 29, 2016
- Silverwolf’s Den: Fear Agent Part 1 - September 18, 2016