For those of you who don’t know, I’m a junior in college. It’s getting close to that glorious time of year known to students nationwide as “winter break”, but first I have a metric shit-ton of work to do for finals. Unfortunately I need to focus on that mountain of work this weekend, so I don’t have time to devote to continuing my series on Disney today. Don’t get too disappointed, though! I’ll be back next Saturday with my fourth (and final) article on Disney. Then, I’ll be taking a look at some of my favorite animated Christmas movies and specials. So stay tuned!
In the meantime, here are some previews of the animated shorts on the shortlist for the 2012 Best Animated Short Oscar nomination:
Dir. Patrick Doyon for the National Film Board of Canada
I Tawt I Taw A Puddy Tat
Dir. Matthew O’Callaghan for Warner Bros. Animation Inc.
The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore
Dirs. William Joyce and Brandon Oldenburg for Moonbot Studios LA, LLC
Dir. Martin Clapp for BreakThru Films
(Apparently there are no trailers or clips of Magic Piano to be found on the Internet, so here’s a still from the film.)
Paths of Hate
Dir. Damian Nenow for Platige Image
Dir. Enrico Casarosa for Pixar Animation Studios
A Morning Stroll
Dir. Grant Orchard for Studio AKA
Dir. Jean-Claude Rozec for Vivement Lundi!
Dir. Juan Pablo Zaramella for JPZtudio
Don’t see your favorite episode of Adventure Time or Pixar short on the list? I think you have someone to blame…
Latest posts by Cheshire (see all)
- Saturday Morning Cartoons: Disney Renaissance Smackdown! - December 17, 2011
- Saturday Morning Cartoons: Update and Short Hiatus - December 10, 2011
- Saturday Morning Cartoons: Disney, Part 3: Beauty and the Beast - December 3, 2011
- Saturday Morning Cartoons: Disney, Part 2: The Hunchback of Notre Dame - November 26, 2011
- Saturday Morning Cartoons: Aladdin Review: The Inevitable Disney Question - November 19, 2011