“Kamehameha” is a series of post where we examine various action scenes from movies, anime, and cartoons, to name a few. It’s name comes from one of the most famous special moves in Dragon Ball Z. We chose a DBZ reference because it’s the definition of an action show…minus the drawn out stare down filler.
- I thoroughly enjoyed this fight: it was fast paced and full of action. Blaster fire, lightsaber twirling, explosions, hand-to-hand combat, and jetpack flying all in one fight!
- Obi-Wan isn’t too shabby of a hand-to-hand combat fighter. His wit is on full display too, as he deftly escapes being dragged around like a rag doll. And of course he makes a witty remark (“Oh not good!”).
- The one thing I didn’t really understand is how Boba missed with Slave I’s blasters. How the hell do you miss? And even if he did miss, the explosion should have really hurt him. In fact, Jango’s missile explosion should have really hurt. Oh well, this is me just nitpicking.
Latest posts by Nick (see all)
- May the 4th Be With You: Top 10 Star Wars Moments - May 4, 2016
- Anime Boston 2016: Interview with Carrie Keranen - April 13, 2016
- Hey, We’re Five Years Old! - March 18, 2016
- Sports Stars Shaq, A-Rod, and Jimmy Rollins Invest in NRG eSports - March 17, 2016
- “Gurren Lagann” Teams Up With “Freezing” Mobile Game - March 17, 2016