Dakimakuras. Better known as body pillows. The debate (?) rages on to whether these things are creepy or artistic. Me personally? It depends on what the person’s intent is for buying a dakimakura. If you’re going to end up marrying it, you got issues. If your going to end up…”using” the pillow in certain ways, then you got issues. If your name is Jack Guo and you buy one, then you got issues. However, if your purpose is to merely admire the art, then it’s all good. Some people like to hang the covers up like a poster or wall scroll. I see nothing wrong with that. They’re like pin-up girls to me. Of course, not all dakimakuras are appropriate to hang up where everyone can see them. Buying these types of dakimakuras may be frowned upon, but it’s like porn–every guy has it, just hide it.
I myself own a few dakimakuras.
And the last one is from the Taimanin Asagi series. It’s definitely NSFW.
NSFW (Not Safe For Work): Show
Also check out Tier’s Tentacle Armada blog for some great dakimakura reviews.
Latest posts by Nick (see all)
- May the 4th Be With You: Top 10 Star Wars Moments - May 4, 2016
- Anime Boston 2016: Interview with Carrie Keranen - April 13, 2016
- Hey, We’re Five Years Old! - March 18, 2016
- Sports Stars Shaq, A-Rod, and Jimmy Rollins Invest in NRG eSports - March 17, 2016
- “Gurren Lagann” Teams Up With “Freezing” Mobile Game - March 17, 2016