“Kamehameha” is a series of post where we examine various action scenes from movies, anime, and cartoons, to name a few. It’s name comes from one of the most famous special moves in Dragon Ball Z. We chose a DBZ reference because it’s the definition of an action show…minus the drawn out stare down filler.
Hey guys, Judge here bringing you another edition of “Kamehameha.” I was reminiscing about my childhood today (#randomthoughtsFTW), and one of the things that came to mind was the Digimon: The Movie. Yes it was pretty bad. And yes they merged the three Japanese movies [Digimon Adventure (1999), Our War Game!! (2000), and Digimon Hurricane Touchdown!! / Supreme Evolution!! The Golden Digimentals (2000)] into one, cutting out some cool material. However, the battles and animation were sweet. I also enjoyed the English dub and the music they added. The best battle from that film in my opinion, was from part 2 (Our War Game!!). The fight in question was the one with Keramon-Infermon-Diaboromon. Here’s the first part of the battle.
- In the original Japanese, Keramon-Infermon doesn’t speak. I liked him having a voice in the dub. It sounded threatening. His best line from this scene was when Greymon and Kabuterimon were both digivolving to Ultimates. That “Not so fast!” by Infermon was perfect. Speaking of which…
- I had no idea you could attack Digimon while they were digivolving. This stunned me the first time I saw the movie. If this were the case, then every villain should have just attacked them while they were digivolving.
- The music in the dub is flat out better.
- The looks of Wargreymon and Metalgarurumon in the movie are kickass.
- Ummm Patamon is retarded. Or rather, Tai and Izzy are retarded. They should have warned Matt and T.K. that Infermon (now Diaboromon) would attack when their Digimon tried digivolving. And even if they didn’t, Wargreymon should have the brains to keep Diaboromon busy while Patamon was digivolving. Moving along…
- Again the music in the dub is so much better. It really fits the fast-paced battle. I still get pumped up when Tai says “Wipe him out!” with that battle music playing. The parts where Wargreymon loses his claws and then proceeds to punch the living hell out of Diaboromon never get old.
- Barenaked Ladies song is a nice touch.
- Omnimon is a badass. The song that played when he begins to pwn (“Let’s Kick It Up”) goes well with the scene.
- Only question: why didn’t Omnimon just obliterate Diaboromon with his cannon instead of trying to stab him when he was practically frozen? Talk about cutting it close…pun intended.
Latest posts by Nick (see all)
- May the 4th Be With You: Top 10 Star Wars Moments - May 4, 2016
- Anime Boston 2016: Interview with Carrie Keranen - April 13, 2016
- Hey, We’re Five Years Old! - March 18, 2016
- Sports Stars Shaq, A-Rod, and Jimmy Rollins Invest in NRG eSports - March 17, 2016
- “Gurren Lagann” Teams Up With “Freezing” Mobile Game - March 17, 2016