If you have not heard already there’s a sequel in the works for Pokemon Black and White, but unlike previous “sequel” installments to the Pokemon series, Black-2 and White-2 bring to the table a whole new story, and a few new twists to the Unova region.
Just a few days ago, we saw the release of the newest trailer and some interesting news on the horizon for all you Pokemon fans:
So to summarize…
- We’ve got two “new” (Or are they closer to how the original Kyurem once looked?) legendaries: Black and White Kyurem
- New main character designs (Can I just say that the new female protagonist is rocking the Princess Leia hair and Pence is making a cameo appearance it seems)
- We’ve also got a new rival, two new gym leaders, and a guy who is apparently conducting research on the “strength” of Pokemon
- Continuing with the whole Unovoa-as-America theme, there seems to be an emphasis on films; maybe instead of a Pokemon musical number we’ll have the chance to participate on a film set?
- A mix of other generation Pokemon that can be found and captured in the wild
- Additional areas/towns now that half of Unova seems to have frozen over — in under two years since the end of Black and White no less!
- And there’s the promise of a new Pokemon movie coming out this July it seems with a promotional Keldeo (Yay!)
All the information that’s available so far (And that has been translated by dedicated fans) can be found below; personally I am a little excited about this game, but since I’m still not technically done with my White version, not ready to jump into another new Pokemon game just yet. I’m pretty sure inverseman will have his own informed opinions on the matter soon enough, but for now, enjoy what little bits of info I’ve scrapped together from the internet!
The two new protagonists who start out their Pokemon journey in Hiougi City (Cities sure spring up fast in Unova, who knew you could have a bustling metropolis within two years!) Some fans speculate that they are wearing wetsuits underneath their otherwise quirky clothing. And judging from the “underwater tunnel” and “new islands” that have cropped up in promo art — maybe underwater exploration will be a big part of the game?
On the left the new main rival, he also hails from Hiogi City and not much else is known about him except that he has a “reason” to improve his Pokemon’s strength and has an older brother and a younger sister. Maybe he’ll have a sibling complex?
To the right is Akuroma who is a Pokemon researcher looking into the “strength” of Pokemon. While I’m sure we’re all curious about the inner strength that all Pokemon have, the question I’m dying to have answered is how that hair functions and why, Pokemon design team, why.
And here we have the two new gym leaders — Homika to the left and Shizui to the right!
Can I just say that Homika is freaking adorable? With her trademark bass and her Pokemon gym that doubles as a night club, she’s gained popularity right away (At least, according to the increase in fanart on my tumblr dash) despite her Poison-type speciality.
Shizui with his trademark how-did-that-happen-tan is obviously a Water-type gym leader; it seems that he’s rather laid back and acts as a mentor to the protagonist, offering advice along the way.
It seems a lot has happened to Unova within the very short time-span of two years — hopefully the answers to why half the region is covered in ice and many more will be answered in the months to come with Black and White 2′s release!