To promote the upcoming Muv-Luv: Total Eclipse (take a look at some figures here) summer anime, Miyata’s promotional art (above) appeared along with a magazine interview with the anime’s director. Online denizens were quick to notice very similar to other works. I was surprised to learn that this was not the first time Miyata was accused of and caught plagiarizing. However, this most recent example is particularly egregious. Take a look below.
I mean good God, that’s as bad as it can get! Muv-Luv developer âge had to apologize last fall over a live internet stream for one of Miyata’s tracings. But now, instead of an apology, he was promptly sacked. Ixtl, the company working with âge on the upcoming Muv-Luv anime, issued a statement announcing that Miyata will no longer have anything to do with the company. This is not a good week for Laevatein. First Nitroplus’s music producer is murdered and now his favorite visual novel’s artist is sacked. Moar of Miyata’s shameless tracings below.
Latest posts by Nick (see all)
- May the 4th Be With You: Top 10 Star Wars Moments - May 4, 2016
- Anime Boston 2016: Interview with Carrie Keranen - April 13, 2016
- Hey, We’re Five Years Old! - March 18, 2016
- Sports Stars Shaq, A-Rod, and Jimmy Rollins Invest in NRG eSports - March 17, 2016
- “Gurren Lagann” Teams Up With “Freezing” Mobile Game - March 17, 2016