“Kamehameha” is a series of post where we examine various action scenes from movies, anime, and cartoons, to name a few. It’s name comes from one of the most famous special moves in Dragon Ball Z. We chose a DBZ reference because it’s the definition of an action show…minus the drawn out stare down filler.
Today’s “Kamehameha” will be looking at a scene from the Batman: The Brave and the Bold episode “Battle of the Superheroes!” After talking about armored batsuits and Brave and the Bold in my last “Batman Extravaganza” post, I remembered this episode. Superman turns temporarily evil due to red kryptonite in this episode. In order to fight Superman, Batman dons some heavy armor. Take a look at the full fight below:
- Batman’s armor isn’t as mechanized like the version in the “Night of the Owls” arc; it’s moar just heavy plating to protect him from the Man of Steel. And it can block his heat vision.
- 1:30 — Krypto! Superman’s pet dog makes his only appearance in the series. I’m glad the little guy got some exposure. At 2:28, we get to see him action. He gives Superman a good beatdown
- 3:22 — Batman shows us why he’s a master hand-to-hand combat fighter. Many superheroes with superhuman strength are moar brutish; Batman has a refined fighting style. He’s acrobatic even in that heavy armor, and this scene goes to show that if he wasn’t a mere mortal, he could do some heavy damage.
- However, even with that beatdown, Superman is a boss. He shakes it off like it was nothing. Meanwhile, Batman is clearly exhausted. He’s only human after all.
- Nonetheless, this was a great fight. There’s been a lot of incidents where the two heroes have fought, and this one was definitely one of the better ones.