“Kamehameha” is a series of post where we examine various action scenes from movies, anime, and cartoons, to name a few. It’s name comes from one of the most famous special moves in Dragon Ball Z. We chose a DBZ reference because it’s the definition of an action show…minus the drawn out stare down filler.
Quick “Kamehameha.” Part of my “Batman Extravaganza.” Just two moar days until The Dark Knight Rises! Anyways, today we’ll look at Terry McGinnis aka Batman Beyond take on the Joker. Long story short, in Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker, the Joker returns using nanotech on Tim Drake’s body. Then, they fight.
- The Joker puts quite a beating on Terry at first. Interesting to say that he knows all the move of the original Batman and Robin yet always got trashed by them. Did he just decide to use what he’s learned now, all these years later?
- Terry is a pretty good shrink. Sure he loves to talk, but what he says is spot on. Funny how father and son (Bruce and Terry) are similar (both smart) yet so different in their approach.
- The Joker gets rattled pretty easily. I was actually disappointed by this; normally, he shrugs these things on. He’s a maniac, and maniacs don’t get rattled very easily. But I guess this had to happen for Terry’s psychoanalysis to work.
- The last part of the battle is flat out funny. Who gets the last laugh now?
Latest posts by Nick (see all)
- May the 4th Be With You: Top 10 Star Wars Moments - May 4, 2016
- Anime Boston 2016: Interview with Carrie Keranen - April 13, 2016
- Hey, We’re Five Years Old! - March 18, 2016
- Sports Stars Shaq, A-Rod, and Jimmy Rollins Invest in NRG eSports - March 17, 2016
- “Gurren Lagann” Teams Up With “Freezing” Mobile Game - March 17, 2016