Word has come out that Dark Horse Comics will be publishing the Legend of Zelda artbook, Hyrule Historia, in North America. The artbook not only consists of various pieces of Legend of Zelda art and unreleased manga, but the very infamous timeline that surprised and shocked the gaming world. Nintendo will be actually be translating Hyrule Historia, and have partnered with Dark Horse Comics to Hyrule Historia to English speaking fans.
Here’s what you’re getting for that price:
- The Legend of Zelda franchise has sold 68 million copies since the release of the first game, with the original Legend of Zelda being the fourth best selling NES game of all time, and The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time holding the record for the highest reviewed video game of all time.
- Covers the full history of The Legend of Zelda franchise.
- With an introduction by game designer Shigeru Miyamoto.
- Includes the official timeline of The Legend of Zelda games, never-before-seen concept art, The Legend of Zelda manga, in-depth information on the making of the The Legend of Zelda franchise, and art by some of the most storied concept artists in video games.
Personally, I’m really excited about this, if only for the timeline. Though I’ve seen it already, I’d really like to see the official translation of the one piece of Zelda information that caused such a stir in the fanbase. However, the other features are pretty nice, too. I’m certainly looking forward to its release!
Latest posts by Laevatein (see all)
- Review: Legend of the Legendary Heroes - August 30, 2014
- Review: Black Lagoon – Roberta’s Blood Trail - August 25, 2014
- Mecha Monday: Aldnoah.Zero Impressions - July 28, 2014
- Mecha Monday: Shirogane no Ishi Argevollen Impressions - July 21, 2014
- Mecha Monday: Mecha at E3 2014 - June 16, 2014