This past Monday, the great Michael Clarke Duncan passed away due to heart failure. He was a stereotypical big guy with a soft heart. He was phenomenal actor who brought energy to every role he had, and you could really tell he cherished every moment. He wasn’t smug or egotistical. Today, we’ll look at what are, in my opinion, his top 5 movies.
5. Talladega Nights: The Legend of Ricky Bobby — Lucius Washington
Small role, but he had great chemistry with Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly.
4. Armageddon — Bear
Sorry for the Spanish; this was the only version I could find. Anyways, this was his first big blockbuster. I’ll never forget this scene. If you haven’t seen the movie, the doctor is telling him his cholesterol is really high, so Bear proceeds to strip and dance and flex to show how in shape he is.
3. The Scorpion King — Balthazar
The reason I put this role up high is because it really got to show how much of a badass MCD was.
2. Daredevil — The Kingpin (Wilson Fisk)
Although many didn’t like the decision to cast an African-American as Kingpin at the time, MCD proved to everyone he was perfect for the role. Hey, if they could make Nick Fury black, they could do it with Kingpin too. When I heard Fox was going to give the rights to Daredevil back to Marvel, I began to hope that they (Marvel) would cast MCD as Kingpin again. That’s how great he was the first time.
1. The Green Mile — John Coffey
I think everyone has this performance as their #1. It earned him an Oscar nomination after all. I seriously thought he should have won; as great as Michael Caine was in The Cider House Rules, MCD’s performance moved me moar.
Latest posts by Nick (see all)
- May the 4th Be With You: Top 10 Star Wars Moments - May 4, 2016
- Anime Boston 2016: Interview with Carrie Keranen - April 13, 2016
- Hey, We’re Five Years Old! - March 18, 2016
- Sports Stars Shaq, A-Rod, and Jimmy Rollins Invest in NRG eSports - March 17, 2016
- “Gurren Lagann” Teams Up With “Freezing” Mobile Game - March 17, 2016