- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 4 cups milk (2 cups whole milk, 2 cups coconut milk)
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- **4 cups sweet rice flour (Mochiko)
**By the way if you don’t know what sweet rice flour is – here’s a handy image with some information! You can pick these up at most Asian supermarkets/convenience stores :3
Okay so first of all preheat your oven to 350° F and grease a baking tray with butter or cooking spray. And make sure you grease it well, these are going to get sticky and stuck to the pan unless you don’t add enough grease
Next in the bowl of your electric mixer, cream together the sugar and butter until well combined.
Add the milks, beaten eggs, and vanilla extract; continue beating until combined. Add the baking powder and the sweet rice flour (Mochiko) and beat until batter is combined and smooth.
Pour into prepared tray and bake for about one hour – it’s done when the top is golden brown and it smells like vanilla and butter in your kitchen
And seriously, that’s it – easy and delicious, it uses only one bowl and it’s a quick and satisfying treat!
Annnnd that’s all for today’s fantastic feast — tune in next time for another delicious and exciting something-or-other.
Latest posts by Fenrir (see all)
- Give it a Shot! – The War of the Flowers - September 28, 2014
- Weekend Webcomics: Princess Princess - September 21, 2014
- Weekend Webcomics: Dreamless - August 24, 2014
- Fantastic Feasts and Where to Find Them: The Grey Stuff - August 10, 2014
- Give It a Shot! – Ava’s Demon - July 27, 2014