It looks like we’ll be seeing more White Goodman, Ben Stiller’s character in 2004’s Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story, in the future. It’s about damn time. According to The Hollywood Reporter, Fox and Stiller’s production company, Red Hour Films, have tapped Clay Tarver to pen the script for the sequel, which will reportedly see rivals Goodman and Peter La Fleur (Vince Vaughn) team up to battle an even greater force.
For those of you who don’t know who Clay Tarver is, here’s some background info:
- He co-wrote with J.J. Abrams the 2001 thriller Joy Ride
- He is working on Quantum Hoops, which centers on a nerdy basketball team at Caltech, set up Disney and also being produced by Red Hour
- He wrote Men Making Music, about the world of competitive barbershop quartets, also at Disney and being produced by Abrams
- He worked with Mike Judge on Meat in the Freezer, a satire about hunting for HBO Films
- He also recently wrote the Jack Black and Shine-produced comedy pilot for Showtime titled The Deep Cuts
Here’s hoping that we hear more info on what is, in my humble opinion, one of the best comedies in the past decade and one of Stiller’s best.
“Oh, I don’t think I’m a lot dumber than you thought that I think that I thought that I was once.”
Latest posts by Nick (see all)
- May the 4th Be With You: Top 10 Star Wars Moments - May 4, 2016
- Anime Boston 2016: Interview with Carrie Keranen - April 13, 2016
- Hey, We’re Five Years Old! - March 18, 2016
- Sports Stars Shaq, A-Rod, and Jimmy Rollins Invest in NRG eSports - March 17, 2016
- “Gurren Lagann” Teams Up With “Freezing” Mobile Game - March 17, 2016