The June issue of Kodansha’s Monthly Afternoon magazine revealed that the anime adaptation of Shimoku Kio’s Genshiken: Second Season is coming from a new studio. Production I.G will now handle the anime adaptation.
Tsutomu Mizushima (Girls und Panzer, Ika Musume, XXXHOLiC, and episode director of Genshiken season one) is serving as both director and sound director.
Michiko Yokote is returning from the previous Genshiken projects to supervise the series scripts, and Junichiro Taniguchi (Yondemasu yo, Azazel-san, Natsuyuki Rendezvous) is the new character designer. Toshihisa Kaiya (Usagi Drop, Robotics;Notes) and Taniguchi are collaborating as chief animation directors.
For reference, Takashi Ikehata directed the first Genshiken series at Palm Studio while Kinji Yoshimoto directed Genshiken 2 (not to be confused with the upcoming Genshiken: Second Season anime) at studio ARMS.
Genshiken: Second Season will premiere this summer, and the next issue of Monthly Afternoon will announce the new cast members.
Latest posts by Nick (see all)
- May the 4th Be With You: Top 10 Star Wars Moments - May 4, 2016
- Anime Boston 2016: Interview with Carrie Keranen - April 13, 2016
- Hey, We’re Five Years Old! - March 18, 2016
- Sports Stars Shaq, A-Rod, and Jimmy Rollins Invest in NRG eSports - March 17, 2016
- “Gurren Lagann” Teams Up With “Freezing” Mobile Game - March 17, 2016