Who ever thought that a cheaply made show premiering on August 28th, 1995 featuring five “teenagers with attitude” would spawn one of the most popular franchises of all time? Not me that’s for sure. But here we are, 20 years later and the Power Rangers franchise is still going strong. Of course, it goes without mentioning that Power Rangers is based off the popular Japanese Super Sentai series. For Westerners, however, Power Rangers was their introduction into the world of brightly colored super hero teams.
Power Rangers will always be one of my childhood memories. I had a crush on Kimberly (Amy Jo Johnson) and thought Jason (Austin St. John) and Tommy (Jason David Frank) were awesome. The episode “Missing Green” is still one of my favorites, and I even featured the Red Dragon Thunderzord in a “Kamehameha” post a while ago. And for you hardcore fans, back in July it was announced that Shout! Factory would be releasing Power Rangers Legacy: The First 20 Years, which features every season of Power Rangers to date. It’ll be released December 3, 2013 and limited to just 2,000 copies.
I now end with this video below. Enjoy, and may the power protect you.
Latest posts by Nick (see all)
- May the 4th Be With You: Top 10 Star Wars Moments - May 4, 2016
- Anime Boston 2016: Interview with Carrie Keranen - April 13, 2016
- Hey, We’re Five Years Old! - March 18, 2016
- Sports Stars Shaq, A-Rod, and Jimmy Rollins Invest in NRG eSports - March 17, 2016
- “Gurren Lagann” Teams Up With “Freezing” Mobile Game - March 17, 2016