Happy Halloween everyone! I wanted to share a cool little story I discovered to commemorate the occasion.
Since Halloween falls on a Thursday this year, most Halloween parties were held this past weekend. Oklahoma City Thunder power forward Serge Ibaka attended one of those parties, and his Halloween costume was truly awesome. He went as Prince Akeem, Eddie Murphy’s character from the classic comedy Coming to America, which happens to be one of my favorite movies. It’s even cooler since I’m an OKC fan. Check out the photo below courtesy of Twitter user @teddywheeler72.
To top things off, one of Ibaka’s female friends dressed up as Lisa, the love interest of Prince Akeem in the movie.
Finally, here are some of my favorite clips from the film:
And how could we forget the Samuel Jackson cameo?
Latest posts by Nick (see all)
- May the 4th Be With You: Top 10 Star Wars Moments - May 4, 2016
- Anime Boston 2016: Interview with Carrie Keranen - April 13, 2016
- Hey, We’re Five Years Old! - March 18, 2016
- Sports Stars Shaq, A-Rod, and Jimmy Rollins Invest in NRG eSports - March 17, 2016
- “Gurren Lagann” Teams Up With “Freezing” Mobile Game - March 17, 2016