Hey readers! Today we’ll be doing three “Mecha Monday” posts since there’s been a lot of cool mecha news recently. First up, we have Mecha Wonder Woman aka D1A-NA, the newest addition to DC Comics’s upcoming MOBA Infinite Crisis. Here’s her background information directly from the official website:
Mecha Wonder Woman began life as D1A-NA, a diplomatic robot in service to Queen Hippolyta, ruler of the Amazon women of the island nation of Themyscira.
Called the “Wonder Woman” by mass media, Hippolyta made it her life’s work to forge a more peaceful world. D1A-NA was ever-present as the queen traveled the world and in time developed a personality that reflected the idealistic woman’s feelings on justice and equality.
Sadly, while accompanying Hippolyta on an errand of mercy, D1A-NA witnessed the horrific assassination of her queen at the hands of Doom Legion assassin bots. At that moment, she was transformed. An iron resolve developed within her, and she vowed to both avenge the queen’s death and continue her quest.
Developer Turbine also released a “Champion Profile” video which you can see below.
Make sure to check out some mecha Batman as well!
Latest posts by Nick (see all)
- May the 4th Be With You: Top 10 Star Wars Moments - May 4, 2016
- Anime Boston 2016: Interview with Carrie Keranen - April 13, 2016
- Hey, We’re Five Years Old! - March 18, 2016
- Sports Stars Shaq, A-Rod, and Jimmy Rollins Invest in NRG eSports - March 17, 2016
- “Gurren Lagann” Teams Up With “Freezing” Mobile Game - March 17, 2016