This past weekend, Activision revealed the first trailer for Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark. You can check out said trailer below.
Here are three things that caught my eye about this game.
- First the good. I like the fact that you can freely switch between the Autobots and the Decepticons throughout the campaign. In the previous Transformers games (War for Cybertron and Fall of Cybertron), each faction had their own campaign. This should make for some interesting gameplay.
- Now the bad. Rise of the Dark Spark is not being made by High Moon Studios. It looks like the company is all but dissolved now. Shame.
- Now on to even moar bad. This game will apparently serve as a follow-up to both the upcoming Transformers movie (Age of Extinction), and previous titles War For Cybertron and Fall of Cybertron. No. Just no. I mean why would you mix the worst continuity (the movies) with one of the best (Cybertron games)?. Sigh…looks like Activision and Hasbro are looking to cash in.
The following two tabs change content below.
Latest posts by Nick (see all)
- May the 4th Be With You: Top 10 Star Wars Moments - May 4, 2016
- Anime Boston 2016: Interview with Carrie Keranen - April 13, 2016
- Hey, We’re Five Years Old! - March 18, 2016
- Sports Stars Shaq, A-Rod, and Jimmy Rollins Invest in NRG eSports - March 17, 2016
- “Gurren Lagann” Teams Up With “Freezing” Mobile Game - March 17, 2016