If you plan on heading to San Diego Comic-Con, you might want to stop by the Hot Wheels booth to catch a glimpse of the life-sized Darth Vader car that will be on display. Car and Driver has some cool facts about the car, and I’ve listed some of the more noteworthy ones below.
- It’s based on a C5 Chevrolet Corvette. The final model is 50% lighter than the original.
- It’s been road-tested up to 80 mph but can reportedly reach 150 mph.
- It features a GM LS3 V-8 engine that boasts 526 horsepower.
- It comes with a six-speed manual gear changer and a “drift brake.”
- It has several Star Wars sound effects including the Darth Vader breathing (of course).
- The hatch opens like Darth Vader’s helmet (see one of the pictures and below video for details).
Latest posts by Nick (see all)
- May the 4th Be With You: Top 10 Star Wars Moments - May 4, 2016
- Anime Boston 2016: Interview with Carrie Keranen - April 13, 2016
- Hey, We’re Five Years Old! - March 18, 2016
- Sports Stars Shaq, A-Rod, and Jimmy Rollins Invest in NRG eSports - March 17, 2016
- “Gurren Lagann” Teams Up With “Freezing” Mobile Game - March 17, 2016