Speedrunner (and Minecraft master) Sethbling has created a computer program to play the very game he speedruns: Super Mario World for the SNES. In the video above, you can see this program, dubbed MarI/O, in action along with really cool scientific explanations behind its creation. It’s only a matter of time before Skynet is actually created.
For those of you unfamiliar with Sethbling, this former Microsoft engineer has made a living creating Minecraft videos. He’s one of the premier authorities in fact. Along with his Minecraft activities, he is one of the top Super Mario World speedrunners and was the first person to ever achieve the “Credits Warp” on console.
Latest posts by Nick (see all)
- May the 4th Be With You: Top 10 Star Wars Moments - May 4, 2016
- Anime Boston 2016: Interview with Carrie Keranen - April 13, 2016
- Hey, We’re Five Years Old! - March 18, 2016
- Sports Stars Shaq, A-Rod, and Jimmy Rollins Invest in NRG eSports - March 17, 2016
- “Gurren Lagann” Teams Up With “Freezing” Mobile Game - March 17, 2016