Yesterday, website Pure Xbox revealed that a new cel-shaded Transformers brawler game, titled Transformers: Devastation, was in the works by Activision. Also, a now deleted Best Buy page included information that Platinum Games was the developer, leading many to believe that this was one of the secret projects they have been talking about (although a part of me is hoping that a Spider-Gwen game is in the works). This would come as no surprise, as Platinum is very familiar with brawler type games.
The Best Buy page also had other details:
- Autobots face off against the Decepticons when Megatron discovers a way to harness the enormous power of plasma energy to cyberform Earth
- Platinum Games signature fast action allows instant robot to vehicle attacks, slam downs, counterattacks, and infinite combos for a unique master combat system
- Features 5 playable Autobots including Optimus Prime, Bubblebee, Sideswipe, Wheeljack, and Grimlock
- A deep customization system and 5 difficulty levels with overhauls in enemy composition deliver hours of intense gameplay
- Actors from the original TV series reprising their roles include Peter Cullen (Optimus Prime), Dan Gilvezan (Bubblebee), Frank Welker (Megatron and Soundwave), and more
Devastator looks to be a big part of this game, and he’s getting plenty of love as of late. We’ll probably learn more at E3 this week, so stay tuned.
Latest posts by Nick (see all)
- May the 4th Be With You: Top 10 Star Wars Moments - May 4, 2016
- Anime Boston 2016: Interview with Carrie Keranen - April 13, 2016
- Hey, We’re Five Years Old! - March 18, 2016
- Sports Stars Shaq, A-Rod, and Jimmy Rollins Invest in NRG eSports - March 17, 2016
- “Gurren Lagann” Teams Up With “Freezing” Mobile Game - March 17, 2016