Legendary Pictures and Keiji Inafune’s Comcept have announced a live-action Mighty No. 9 film for digital platforms. This isn’t the first time Legendary has adapted an Inafune series. In March, Legendary released Dead Rising: Watchtower for Crackle, based on the Dead Rising series. A sequel is currently in development.
Inafune had this to say: “The announcement that Legendary Digital is collaborating with Contradiction and Comcept on creating a live action project based on Mighty No. 9 is really amazing, not only for myself and the rest of the team at Comcept who worked on the game, but also for all the fans who have supported the project. This collaboration will give our creation the ability to reach people all over the world. Thanks to all of your support, we have fulfilled another one of our dreams.”
No release date has been set. As for Mighty No. 9 the game, it’s due for release this September.
Latest posts by Nick (see all)
- May the 4th Be With You: Top 10 Star Wars Moments - May 4, 2016
- Anime Boston 2016: Interview with Carrie Keranen - April 13, 2016
- Hey, We’re Five Years Old! - March 18, 2016
- Sports Stars Shaq, A-Rod, and Jimmy Rollins Invest in NRG eSports - March 17, 2016
- “Gurren Lagann” Teams Up With “Freezing” Mobile Game - March 17, 2016