In an interview with Europe video game magazine Gamereactor, The Witcher 3 director Konrad Tomaszkiewicz has shed some light on the two upcoming Witcher 3 expansions.
“The expansion packs will be whole new storylines with all the elements you’ve got in the main story (like cutscenes, new characters, new items, new Gwent cards) and many, many more,” he said. “They will be quite long. The first expansion will be around 10 hours and the second expansion will be around 20 hours… and I think it’s possible that they will be bigger, because it’s always like this (that when we plan some time or hours, it’s twice or something like this), but I’m not promising anything right now.”
Tomaszkiewicz goes on to say that if you add up play time, it is “almost the size of The Witcher 2.”
The first expansion Hearts of Stone is expected sometime in October, while the second expansion Blood and Wine is currently slated for release sometime in the first quarter of 2016.
Latest posts by Nick (see all)
- May the 4th Be With You: Top 10 Star Wars Moments - May 4, 2016
- Anime Boston 2016: Interview with Carrie Keranen - April 13, 2016
- Hey, We’re Five Years Old! - March 18, 2016
- Sports Stars Shaq, A-Rod, and Jimmy Rollins Invest in NRG eSports - March 17, 2016
- “Gurren Lagann” Teams Up With “Freezing” Mobile Game - March 17, 2016