Snow Miku is collaborating with the Hokkaido Nippon-Ham Fighters of the Nippon Professional Baseball league. Starting on July 31st, as part of the Asian Festa, The Fighters will face off against the Chiba Lotte Marines (who got their own collaboration with My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU) at the Sapporo Dome and have exclusive Snow Miku merchandise, including T-shirts, fans, towels, and keychains (pics at the bottom).
Each T-shirt comes with a postcard ticket, but there will be a limited quantity of 390. The image on the T-shirts, tickets, and fans were designed by Tatsuwo. The keychain was designed by MISONI.
Snow Miku will also appear on screen at the stadium to sing her rendition of the Fighters’ theme song. The team’s cheer squad will perform the game’s opening dance in Snow Miku-inspired costumes. And lastly, a Snow Miku booth will also be at the event. It looks like it will be quite the collaboration.
Oh, and The Fighters and The Marines aren’t the only NPB teams with cool collaborations. The Yomiuri Giants (the team former New York Yankees player Hideki Matsui played for) have a collaboration with Attack on Titan. Pretty neat stuff!
Latest posts by Nick (see all)
- May the 4th Be With You: Top 10 Star Wars Moments - May 4, 2016
- Anime Boston 2016: Interview with Carrie Keranen - April 13, 2016
- Hey, We’re Five Years Old! - March 18, 2016
- Sports Stars Shaq, A-Rod, and Jimmy Rollins Invest in NRG eSports - March 17, 2016
- “Gurren Lagann” Teams Up With “Freezing” Mobile Game - March 17, 2016