It was only a matter of time before Dagashi Kashi, a show revolving around snacks and candy, received its own branded treats. In the January 20th issue of Weekly Shonen Sunday, a collaboration was announced with two noodle brands from the Oyatsu Company: Butamen and Baby Star. Butamen recently made an appearance in episode three of Dagashi Kashi (see below).
Dagashi Kashi Butamen will be available on February 22 and is flavored with mentaimayonnaise (mentai is salted, spicy pollock roe).
Dagashi Kashi Baby Star Ramen will be available on March 14 and will taste like coconut curry; despite its name, the product is a crispy noodle snack.
Also, it seems Ayana Taketatsu, voice actress of Shidare Hotaru, is a fan of the collaboration. “It’s original and cute for Hotaru Shidare to be the character on a Butamen package!”
Latest posts by Nick (see all)
- May the 4th Be With You: Top 10 Star Wars Moments - May 4, 2016
- Anime Boston 2016: Interview with Carrie Keranen - April 13, 2016
- Hey, We’re Five Years Old! - March 18, 2016
- Sports Stars Shaq, A-Rod, and Jimmy Rollins Invest in NRG eSports - March 17, 2016
- “Gurren Lagann” Teams Up With “Freezing” Mobile Game - March 17, 2016