In honor of Memorial Day, this “Mecha Monday” will take a look at my 10 favorite characters in the Gundam franchise who gave their lives in combat.
10. Heine Westenfluss
Brave Heine was only around for a few episodes, then was cut down by Stella Loussier’s Gaia Gundam (although it was really Kira Yamato’s fault). He was a cool dude who even got to use the classic phrase, “This is no Zaku!”
9. Treize Khushrenada
Treize is an honorable and calculating soldier who allows himself to be killed by Wufei Chang, pilot of the Altron Gundam.
8. Sergei Smirnov
The “Wild Bear of Russia” lived a tormented life. He lost his wife and was never able to properly care for his son Andrei although he desperately wanted to. Andrei ended up killing him in an unfortunate misunderstanding; it was at this time Sergei apologized for not being there for him.
7. Schwarz Bruder/Kyoji Kasshu
6. Norris Packard
5. Neil Dylandy (Lockon Stratos #1)
4. Jerid Messa
Jerid is really a sympathetic character. He loses many comrades to Kamille Bidan and is hellbent on revenge. However, this quest for revenge in turn causes him to kill many of Kamille’s friends/comrades/loved ones, and eventually he meets his end without accomplishing his goal.
3. Ramba Ral
2. Amuro Ray and Char Aznable
1. Sleggar Law
Latest posts by Nick (see all)
- May the 4th Be With You: Top 10 Star Wars Moments - May 4, 2016
- Anime Boston 2016: Interview with Carrie Keranen - April 13, 2016
- Hey, We’re Five Years Old! - March 18, 2016
- Sports Stars Shaq, A-Rod, and Jimmy Rollins Invest in NRG eSports - March 17, 2016
- “Gurren Lagann” Teams Up With “Freezing” Mobile Game - March 17, 2016